For 2017, Universidad Autónoma de Tamaulipas is visualized as an institution of higher education:
- That is close to the society and college students to hear and promptly meet their demands and proposals.
- That puts at the service of students and professors all institutional resources, because they are the reason for its actions.
- That promotes the human formation, ethics and practice of values, so its graduates become men and women of good with peace, democracy and justice culture.
- That is committed to continuous improvement, quality and academic excellence, to make the community proud of their university.
- That promote the virtual, open and face-to-face education to diversify the academic programs and expand its educational coverage with a deep sense of fairness.
- That is sensitive to the changes in its environment, with international perspective and promotes a knowledge-based society.
- That tie together the human talent and research with the economic and social development agendas in Tamaulipas and in the northeastern region in the country.
- That has a high degree of relevance on its programs and actions because there is a greater congruence between what the University does and what the society expects of it.
- That maintain its work with ordered, functional and transparent administration, which is at the service of the academic and privileges its functions development.
- That has agile and effective linking mechanisms, which allow this university to extend to society the benefits from culture, science and technology.
- That promotes creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship to provide more employability in the graduates and generate progress, competitiveness and welfare.
- That uses a new management style that involves everyone on its decisions, with the purpose to form a genuine learning community that encourages collective work based on trust and mutual respect.
- That promotes knowledge management to create an institutional memory that documents the experiences, good practices and intangible assets from teachers, researchers, managers and workers, whose final destination is the society that we owe.
- That has infrastructure, equipment, assets, and appropriate educational resources to support the students, academic and administrative staff activities.
- That applies different assessment tools to provide consistency, certainty and improve the plans, programs and institutional projects development.